The Ortus BlogBox
In this screencast we show you how to use CommandBox 4.5 to manage the versions of Java your servers use via the AdoptOpenJDK API.
CommandBox 4.5 release notes:
Docs for managing Java versions via CommandBox:
Today we are very excited to bring you the release of our latest Docker container for ContentBox v4.2.1. This is a major re-work of our container images as we now support over 5 different variations of our images, from warmed up servers to alpine versions of ContentBox. We have also added tons of new optimizations and environment variables to control container deployments. Ultimately, we have also updated our images to leverage the latest CommandBox 4.5.0 image!
Learn more about ContentBox at https://www.ortussolutions.com/products/contentbox and more about Docker deployment here: https://contentbox.ortusbooks.com/getting-started/installation/docker
- Disabled directory browsing for security
- Added docker hostname to Application name in
- Added a rolling file appender for all app logs to go to >
- Upgrade to latest CommandBox v4.5.0
- Updated healthchecks to permit load up times and consistency
- No runtime flags where ever being used, revamped it to warmup the server correctly and leverage environment variables for execution
- Removed support for lucee 4.5
BEenv variable was never working so you can test bleeding edge versions of ContentBox
We are excited to bring our training Bootcamp series as a post-conference workshop for this years Adobe ColdFusion Summit EAST 2019 in Washington, DC from April 11-12th. Please note, that our training this year is AFTER the conference.
Today we are very excited to bring you the release of ContentBox v4.2.0. This is a minor release of ContentBox and it sports tons of new updates, improvements and bug fixes including a major upgrade to ColdBox v5.3 which in itself gives us tons of new updates and features.
Here are the what's new guides for our release:
What's New With 5.3.0
ColdBox 5.3.0 is a minor version update with lots of fixes, improvements and some new features not only to the ColdBox core but to LogBox and WireBox standalone versions alike. Below are the major areas of improvement and the full release notes. To update your installations just issue the commands below with CommandBox:
update coldbox- Update ColdBox Platform
update logbox- Update standalone LogBox
update wirebox- Update standalone WireBox
The major areas of improvement for the ColdBox core where on tons of fixes, however there are some nice new features discussed below.
- [COLDBOX-741] - Defining UDF as COLDBOX_FAIL_FAST no longer returns false
- [COLDBOX-750] - Fixed typo(s) in call of function prePend() on routing
- [COLDBOX-752] - base url not eliminating double slashes
- [COLDBOX-756] - Setter for valid extensions is setting the wrong variable
- [COLDBOX-759] - Cleanup the with closure on group routing to avoid leakage
- [COLDBOX-753] - Add new flag to router:
multiDomainDiscoverythat can be turned on/off
- [COLDBOX-742] - Add trimming to asset loader to avoid spaces on links
- [COLDBOX-744] - InterceptorState + EventPool uses syncrhonizedMap that has locking issues: refactor to avoid these issues
- [COLDBOX-754] - set initiated bit for ColdBox after modules are activated
- [COLDBOX-760] - Performance improvements for interception registrations and discovery
- [LOGBOX-32] - Add test and fix for adding a LogBox category after the fact
We are pleased to announce the general availability of CommandBox 4.5.0. This minor release contains some major new features in terms of managing your Java installations for servers and come just in time as free Oracle support ends and OpenJDK is on everyone's Christmas lists!
We are pleased to announce that CommandBox 4.5.0-rc is available for testing. This is a new minor release with over 25 completed tickets. There are a lot of little fixes and a handful of nice features, several of which I'd like to get a few eyeballs on before setting the release in stone. 4.5 will only be in release candidate for a week or two so please test it soon or all bugs will be deferred until next year! :)
We are pleased to announce a minor maintenance release of CommandBox. Version 4.4.0 is released just in time for CFCamp with a handful of fixes and a few nice features. I'm writing this up on the plane on my way to Germany for CFCamp so I'll be brief :)
Many of the cool new features came as pull requests for the community. Thanks a ton to everyone who contributed!
We love Digital Ocean for many reasons, that list of reasons includes a big one - Digital Ocean is powering our Production Infrastructure.
For a long time, Digital Ocean has been a great way to get affordable, powerful and simplified Cloud computing up and running. For as little as $5 per month you can get a nice little droplet ( VM ) up and running in seconds, to host your ColdFusion app, wordpress site ( excuse my language ) or even Docker instances or a full Docker Swarm. Digital Ocean keeps improving its offering, and this year, we committed to moving our production infrastructure over to Digital Ocean, and now I'm happy to say we've been running on Digital Ocean for months now, and things have never been better. We get a lot of questions about how our setup looks, so this post will give you a little more insight into our Production Infrastructure, powered by Digital Ocean.