We are very excited to bring you another release for our Redis Lucee Extension. This is our first minor release for this extension and it sports quite a few updates thanks to customer feedback. Here is a little introduction for those that are not familiar with our extension:
The Redis Lucee Extension allows you to natively connect to a Redis Server cluster and leverage it for distributed caching, session/client storage and distribution, cluster RAM file systems, and much more. It can allow your Lucee servers to scale and extend easily by leveraging Redis Server as the platform of choice for session/cluster managements, caching and virtual file-systems.
If you have ever asked yourself these questions, then our Lucee Extension can help you:
- Want to use round-robin balancing instead of sticky sessions?
- How do you deal with session/client information when you have more than 1 server in your cluster?
- How can I scale my Lucee servers when I am running out of RAM?
- Do you want your users to still be logged in even if a server in my cluster dies or is restarted?
- Do you want to have a cluster-wide file system?
- Are you using a container based deployment and need off heap peristence?
- Do you want to be able to cache data in a distributed and elastic fashion?
We have been working with Redis Server for many years and it has been a true pleasure to not only build scalable farms with it, but also it is incredibly responsive when it comes down to key-value storage and caching transactions.
v1.2.0 Release Notes
- [LRE-1] - Init methods on the cache constructor are not static
- [LRE-6] - Major fix for session expirations when using session clusters with Lucee
- [LRE-3] - ForgeBox autopublishing and s3 assets
- [LRE-4] - Added more verbose logging on all methods that require it
- [LRE-5] - Added more logging for exception handling
- [LRE-7] - Removed tests source from final package to reduce binary size
Here are some of the major features of our Redis Extension:
- Add Native Redis functionality to any Lucee CFML application
- Install at the server level (Available to all contexts)
- Create Cache connections in the Lucee administrator to connect to any network-accessible Redis cluster
- Set and get objects from Redis via standard CFML functions and tags
cachePut(), cacheGet(), <cfcache action="get|put">
- Fully supports all built-in Lucee cache functions including wildcard filters
- Seamlessly distribute storage of the following to any bucket in a Redis cluster
- Lucee session storage
- Lucee client storage
- Lucee RAM resource
- Seamlessly cache the following to any timeout-sensitive bucket in a Redis cluster
- Results of database queries
- Results of deterministic functions
- Complex or simple objects in your application's code
- Cached templates
- Results of database queries
- Registers new CFML Built-In Functions (BIFs) for native Java access to Redis
- Extremely lightweight and fast
- Native Redis functions:
RedisGetConnectionPool( cacheName ), RedisGetProvider( cacheName )
Please visit our Extension page for all the necessary resources.